Almost Monsoon Musings

6:59 pm

This year, the monsoon is late. In fact, there is no monsoon at all. Ofcourse, it does 'rain' once in a while but all that happens as an after effect is more humid weather & more sufferings on the part of us mortals. Though it did rain yesterday & that also along with a storm which resulted in pitch darkness at 4:30 pm & immense happiness to me. The happiness dimmed a tad bit when I was in multiple jams all over Delhi.

So, on the whole, a very hot, unbearable year. A sort of year when you want to wear a tank-top & shorts and just that. But no, life has its own rules. Public transport & a college full of crowd of men whose only work in life seems to be sitting in a group at Nescafé to check women out. I've even started carrying a scarf to metro. I could strangle myself, nay--someone else (*wink*) with it.

North Campus is an over-hyped & over-rated place. It's not half as fun & cool as they say it is. And after much thought I've come to the conclusion that Kamala Nagar a.k.a "KNags" is THE most boring place in all of Delhi.

However, North Campus gives me a large supply of people to study & most (if not all) are students. Out of everyone, I don't quite understand the category of jeans-&-kurta clad men How can they willingly stifle themselves in this obnoxious heat? How do they not feel hot? I mean, its not like they are in JNU & there is an unsaid presumption about the dress code. No. They are in DU.

I really don't understand their desire to get all suffocated in the heat. I mean, they are men; they can wear whatever they like without being stared at, talked about & finger pointed. If I were a man & it were this hot, I would go about in shorts & a lose t-shirt. Not in a pair of jeans & a kurta with its otherwise full-sleeves rolled up to three-fourth. But laissez faire prevails. Each one to his/her own.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images