The Old-New Start

8:58 pm


I started this blog way back in 2008. A lot has changed since then, a lot hasn't. When I started this, I was but a silly girl in her teens. Now I'm 21 & still rather silly with the same ol' dreams of actually becoming an author (so what if I'm not really working for it, eh?). Back then, I remember, I was really sceptical about this blog. You see, I was sceptical about blogs per say. I thought it was a waste of time (as I write stuff anyways, so what's the point of publishing it for a bunch of people I don't even know...or so I thought). I had laughed at the mere ideas of a blog. Then, in my 2nd year of college, I was fascinated by them. Two reasons:
1. I went halfway in my trials of doing a paper on Blogs & other personal narratives.
2. I came across a blog (which, to my best of knowledge, has ceased to exist since more than a year, and even if it did, it wouldn't make a difference now) which made my mind travel in directions and exotic places which were alien to me. It made me fall in love with law forever.

Also, those were the days when quite a lot of people around me wanted me to realise my literary ambitions more than myself (they are still more enthusiastic but I guess they know I'm not easy) and friends started attending seminars (which I made excuses to get out of) on how to become a successful writer. Funnily (or not so funnily, depending upon your sense of humor), all these seminars told my friends one thing: that it is advisable to keep a blog so that one gets an idea of how the unknown masses react to your writings.

With that purpose in mind, I had started this blog. At the time I had thought that I wouldn't even update it as regularly but I've shocked myself and pleasantly so. This blog has been a great outlet for screaming my lungs out about Feminism and other stuff that grabbed my fancy.

Sadly though, offlate, this blog of mine, which I've grown to, has been turned from a literary medium of thoughts to a public forum to discuss my personal life which are totally unrelated to my posts. This includes questions about who I might be dating. I don't see why random unknown people would be influenced by it & if I ever want to disclose information about my personal life, i will. On my own accord.

Please, a small request, do not make it an imitation of a social network.

The past year has given me a lot & taken some away. All for the best, I guess. I still have all the faith in God, despite whatever one might say. I should be off now...reading Chocolat these days & have Tokyo Cancelled waiting in line. Hope you all have a great year ahead. Have a jolly time.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images